Essay writing can be quite time-consuming especially for students who are not used to it. This is why they often find it hard to complete these academic documents by the deadline. Today, the schedule of every student has become very hectic as they have to attend several regular and extra-curricular classes, preparing for exams, do part-time jobs, as well as, take care of their daily chores. Thus, they get very little time to do the essay writing. But, if they don’t submit the papers on time, they will get lesser marks. It is not impossible for the students to do all the tasks including their essays on time even if they are under a tight schedule. They just need to develop time management skills to complete their essays efficiently.
So, what should you do to work quickly?
• Reading the prompt carefully- One may wonder why it is being mentioned to go through the prompt which will take so much time. This is important because otherwise, it will be a total time waste if the student finds out something that was mentioned in the instructions which he/she has forgotten to follow in the essay. It is essential for every student to read the essay prompt very carefully so that, they don’t miss out on any instruction.
• Stopping procrastination- Another reason for students failing to submit their work on time is their constant delaying the task. So, it is important to start with your essays as soon as the students get them from their professor. Otherwise, it can be possible that the student to keep delaying the work until the last minute.
• Getting rid of distractions- Students must ensure that there is no distraction at the time of working. It is because if the students get distracted while doing the essay, the work will get interrupted and this will harm both the quality, as well as, the time. So, it is better to get rid of one’s phones, stay away from social networking sites or other distracting sites. Along with this, it can be better to find a place which is free of distractions or noise. This will ensure that the students can best concentrate on their work so that, it gets finished fast.
• Being organised- If the student does not find the required materials at hand during writing, the work will get late. Being organised is the only way one can avoid any wastage of time. So, it is better for the students to keep all the materials they need to writing an essay accessible at the time of writing. One can keep all the books and notes at hand or at the workstation. Else than this, students can also keep every useful site, and sources bookmarked, all the PDF and documents saved in one folder so that, it can be easily accessible while writing the essay.
• Separate the works- One must divide the tasks according to its urgency, importance, difficulty level, and time it will take to get it finished. This way, students can prioritise the works. Prioritising works is the key to time management which helps students to decide which work to carry out at which time. Students can also do the easier works first and then, the tough works. This will help them to save time as well.
So, these are some of the tricks that any student can utilise to complete all of their essays on time even if they have a lot of other tasks.